Thu, 09 Jul|
Journey Christian Church
Racial Reconciliation: An approach to Race relations in the clinical setting
This interactive training workshop will walk each program participant through the steps to becoming a more culturally competent professional when working specifically with Black clients in a clinical, therapeutic, or customer service setting.
Time & Location
09-Jul-2020, 12:26 am – 12:41 am
Journey Christian Church, 1965 S Orange Blossom Trail, Apopka, FL 32703, USA
About the Event
Designed and created for professionals who work with, serve, or advise clients who identify as Black. This cutting-edge, emotionally raw program allows session participants to confront their feelings regarding race and racism head on in a safe environment. It educates, prepares, and encourages vulnerability while teaching participants to identify implicit bias, explore controversial views, and create new ways of connecting with clients who identify as Black. By building trust and promoting healing, each program participant will walk through the development of the Black experience starting from slavery to present day. This program provides what a lot of cultural competency programs don’t offer which can be defined as the true experience of the expression of racially based emotion……. The Racial Reconciliation program offers a healing yet therapeutic undertone to uncover any barriers that might prevent program participants from embracing the process or shifting unhelpful client interactions.
Each program participant will learn the necessary steps to facing their true feelings, making perceptual adjustments where necessary, the importance of asking for assistance when needed, and how to remain mindful of potentially harmful behaviors.
Who is this training workshop for?
· Individuals looking to reassess their definitions, beliefs, and views of race, racism, and race relations when working with Black
· Individuals looking to have a real conversation about race relations in clinical settings
· Individuals feeling stuck and unsure about their role as a therapist when confronted with racially motivated sessions.
· Individuals questioning their own internal and implicit biases
· Individuals who serve Black clients or design therapeutic programs accessed by Black clients
· Individuals looking to understand the origin behind racial tensions
· Any individual looking to get real with themselves and discover, process, and acknowledge ways to move forward and begin
the healing process.
All sales are final
Racial Reconciliation Training